The LEM W782A Stainless Steel Big Bite Electric Meat Grinder #32 is a heavy duty meat grinder made for both heavy home and commercial use. It comes in five different sizes versions, a 1/4 HP (#5), 3/8 HP (#8), 3/4 HP (#12), 1 HP (#22) and a 1,5 HP (#32) version. We will examine and review the 1.5 HP model today. This beast of a machine. can crush bone and can grind up 700-800 pounds of meat an hour. It can grind a whole deer in about 15-20 minutes. It is great for making hamburgers and sausages. It is great for commercial butchers, chefs in medium to large restaurants. If you are a hunter or have a lot of dogs and cuts we recommend getting the .75 HP or 1 HP model.
The LEM #32 Commercial Meat Grinder comes with the following features
- Power : 180 W (1/4 HP), 250 W (3/8 HP), 550W (3/5 HP), 750W (1 HP), 1100 W (1.5HP) (Average Power Output)
- Grinder Size: 1/4 HP (#5), 3/8 HP (#8), 3/4 HP (#12), 1 HP (#22), 1,5 HP (#32)
- Grinder Dimensions: 1/4 HP (9.25" W x 16.5" L x 14" H), 3/8 HP (9.25" W x 18" L x 16" H), 3/4 HP (9" W x 19.5" L x 16" H), 1 HP (12" W x 22.5" L x 19" H), 1.5 HP (12" W x 24" L x 19" H)
- Weight: 32 pounds (1/4 HP, 3/8 HP), 47 pounds (3/4 HP), 67 pounds (1 HP), 75 pounds (1.5 HP)
- Settings: Normal, Reverse
- Grinding Plates: 3 (Coarse, Fine and Stuffing)
- Stuffing Tubes: 3 are included, being 3/8″, 3/4″, 1 1/4″ in size for making various sized sausages
- Accessories: 1 meat stomper, 1 stainless steel knife, 1 stainless steel stuffing plate, 2 stainless steel plates (Coarse, Fine), 3 stuffing tubes
- Technology: Big bite technology that drags the meat into the grinder. All metal gears with roller bearings; Hole in head where pan is inserted is 2-1/4”;
- Safety Features: Hand guard and reverse
- Maintenance: Easily dismantled for easy cleaning and storage
WHICH MODEL SHOULD I GET?
it really depends on how often you use it and how much meat you ginde in one go. We strongly recommend getting 1.5 HP version if you plan to grind a lot of meat and you use it regularly. Now if you are a ordinary homeuser we recommend the 3/;4 HP model, since its ideal for everyday use and in certain situations when you need to grind a lot of meat, its there for you. the smaller models are just not powerful enough.
1) The biggest advantage of the LEM W782A Stainless Steel Big Bite Electric Meat Grinder #32 is its reliability and sturdiness. All of the models even the smallest 1/4 HP are made of commercial grade material
2) Can be used to grind bones
3) Enclosed lubrication an and big bite technology
4) Individual parts of dishwasher safe
5) Easy to Clean
1) Price. You can get models with the same capacity for 1/3 to 1/4 the price if you paln to get anything smaller than the 1 HP model
2) Size. Even the smallest model weights 32 pounds, where as most meat grinders of that size will weight abut 10-13 pounds..
For Commercial users its defintitely a buy. As for homeuse, its a overkill especially if you don't bplan to grind a lot of meat. The machines are bulk and heavy, however, it is still nice to havea grinder tha can last you decades.